- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- ¾ cup yellow cornmeal
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Vegetable oil
- 4 sandwich rolls
- Butter or margarine
- 12 slices smoked bacon, cooked
- Sliced tomato
- Baby spinach leaves
Combine cornmeal, flour, salt, cayenne pepper and garlic powder.
Coat catfish with cornmeal mixture, shaking off excess. Fill a large, heavy skillet half full with vegetable oil. Heat to 350° F.
Add catfish in single layer and fry until golden brown about 5 to 6 minutes, depending on size.
Remove and drain on paper towels.
Spread butter on each side of rolls, and lightly brown in large skillet.
Smear toasted bread with Lemon Aïoli.
Layer tomatoes, spinach, bacon and catfish on bread.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste