- 2 pounds U.S. FarmRaised Catfish Fillets, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) can beer
- 1 (14-ounce) package
- sweetened flaked coconut
- Vegetable oil
Combine 1½ cups flour, baking powder, paprika, curry powder, salt, cayenne pepper and beer in a large bowl.
Dredge catfish strips in ½ cup flour.
Dip strips in beer batter and roll in coconut.
Fry coated strips in deep, hot oil (350° F) until coconut is golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Place on serving dish with Sweet Dipping Sauce.
Sweet Dipping Sauce
- 1 (10-ounce) jar orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons Creole mustard